Pricing and Estimating a Polished Concrete Project – Brian Wilson
8:15 – 9:45am @ Gwinnett Convention Center
You have to match the hardness of the concrete, with the most cost-effective diamond bond, on a substrate in which no two are EVER exactly alike…how do you avoid GUESStimating?
- How do you handle pricing a floor that may take 3x’s the average application rate of the specified densifier?
- How about a project that turns from 1 or 2 patches, to large piece of grey “swiss cheese” after the initial grind?
- What are some methods on project pricing and estimating, that will help you maximize profit while producing quality results?
Profits are generated before a diamond ever touches a floor. Understand all the variables that must be accounted for in order to ensure a profitable project before you unload your equipment. Making it up as you go along is no way to run a successful business. Brian Wilson draws on years of business success both inside and outside the polishing industry and places them firmly in your company’s business tool box. Brian takes his real-world applications and applies them to the science that is project pricing and estimating. He will walk through step-by-step instructions, including pricing spreadsheets that allow you to bring a pricing calculator to every floor you prospect. Some other “Paint Points” that Brian will address:
- How do I know what to charge for the job?
- How do I determine the correct bond/pricingfor the job?
- What are my actual costs for the job?
- Do I really need to densify?
- What do I do when the job goes sideways?
- Setting customers expectations.